Visas for New Zealand
For information about visas for visiting New Zealand please go to the NZ Immigration Service website
If you are a citizen of one of the countries in the list below you do not need a visa to enter New Zealand.
Otherwise you need a visa.
If you need an invitation letter for your visa application please contact us Richard.Arnold@msor.vuw.ac.nz
[Please provide your name and complete postal address, and dates of arrival and departure].
Nationalities not requiring a visa:
Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia*, Finland, France, Germany, Greece*, Hong Kong*, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea (South), Kuwait, Latvia*, Liechtenstein, Lithuania*, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan*, United Arab Emirates, United States of America*, Uruguay, Vatican City.
- Portugal: Portuguese passport holders must also have the right to live permanently in Portugal.
- United States of America: Including nationals of the USA.
- Hong Kong: Including residents of Hong Kong travelling on Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or British National (Overseas) passports.
- Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia: Visa waiver does not apply to people travelling on alien's (non-citizen's) passports issued by these countries.
- Greece: Greek passport holders whose passports were issued on and after 1 January 2006. (Greek passports issued before 1 January 2006 are not acceptable for travel after 1 January 2007)
- Taiwan: Including permanent residents of Taiwan travelling on Taiwan passports.