Travel and Accommodation
Victoria University is located in Kelburn, close to the City Centre.
Getting to Victoria University
- Several bus routes go to the University: they are run by Metlink.
- No 18 - "Campus Connection": Karori Mall to the Show Buildings via the Karori, Kelburn and Te Aro Campuses
- No 20 - Highbury to Mt Victoria via the Kelburn Campus, the Railway Station (Pipitea Campus) and Courtenay Place
- No 22 - Mairangi to Southgate via Newtown and Rintoul St
- No 23 - Mairangi to Houghton Bay via Newtown and Melrose.
- Wellington Combined Taxis phone number is 384 4444
- and there's always the cable car
Getting to Wellington
Transport from Wellington Airport to city (all available just outside arrivals hall):
- Bus - Airport Flyer, Route 91. Approximately NZ$10 Airport to City Centre or Railway Station
- Shuttle Bus - Door-to-door. Approximately NZ$20 Airport to City Hotels
- Taxi - Door-to-door. Approximately NZ$35 Airport to City Hotels
- Car Rental - there are 5 car rental agencies at the airport
- The Wellington Airport Site provides further details on all of these options.
- Further general Wellington City transport information is here
You are advised to book your rooms as soon as possible as there will be a concert in Wellington on the 4th of December and hotel rooms are selling fast.
Mercure Hotel (3-star)
Conference rates are available when booking with Mercure Hotel on the Terrace. Rates include a buffet breakfast and are:
NZ$135 per night Single occupancy
NZ$146 per night Double occupancy.
Room configurations are either a double-bed or twin-share. To take advantage of these special rates email email@example.com
with reference APARM or ring the hotel on +64 4 3859829 and quote the reference code APARM when booking.
Conference rates are now available on a first-come-first-served basis, but can no longer be guaranteed.
More details about the hotel can be found at: http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-1991-mercure-wellington/index.shtml
Quest on the Terrace (4-star)
Quest on the Terrace offers self-contained apartments with self-catering facilities. A range of apartments are available, from an Executive Studio apartment that accommodates a maximum of 2 adults, to a 2 bedroom apartment that accommodates a maximum of 4 adults.
Rates are room only and range from NZ$129 to $NZ239 per night. Rates are subject to change and booking is available directly through the website at http://www.questterrace.co.nz/
James Cook Hotel (4½ -star)
Contracted Victoria University rates are available when booking with the James Cook hotel. Rates are NZ$166 per night, room only for a standard room (max 2 pp).
Note that this rate is not available on the 4th of December. Only superior rooms at a rate of $265 per night are available on the 4th.
Bookings can be made directly with the hotel via the website http://www.ghihotels.com/hgc/James%20Cook%20Wellington/hotels.aspx
Te Puni Village, Victoria University - Hostel accommodation
Te Puni Village is a student hall of residence during term-time and offers affordable hostel accommodation within a 5-minute walk of the conference venue.
There are two accommodation options available:
- Standard room: Single bed, wardrobe, desk, chair & heating. Bathroom is shared. Rate: $55 per night, room only.
- Studio rooms (14 rooms available): As for standard room, but with en-suite bathroom. Rate: $95 per night, room only.
Breakfast is additional and the options are:
- Continental Breakfast: NZ$10 pp per day
- Cooked Breakfast: NZ$15 pp per day
Tea and coffee making facilities are available in common rooms. All linen, towels and soap will be provided in each of the rooms.
To book a room at Te Puni, email firstname.lastname@example.org
with subject 'APARM Te Puni' by
31 October 2010 with your:
- check-in and check-out dates
- type and number of rooms required
- breakfast option for each of the mornings
Please DO NOT send any payment. You will pay directly to the hostel on departure. More details about Te Puni Village are available at: http://www.tepunivillage.co.nz/default.aspx
There are more hotel options listed here
Other visitor information
And here is a link with more visitor information about Wellington