MATH 132 (2019) Intr to Mathematical Thinking - Home PageWelcome to the MATH 132 homepage. If there is information you require but cannot locate here, contact the course coordinator, Steven Archer by email.
AnnouncementsSee blackboard for announcements.
- There is no exam for this course, there are four tests, details are on the test info and results page.
- Course summary
- The official online course outline.
- Helpdesk times are now set
|Mon||12-1 pm after lecture||CO118||Linus Richter|
|Tue||12:10-1 pm after I get back from lecture||CO430||Susan Jowett|
|Wed||12-1 pm after test||CO118||Virginia Listanti|
|Thu||12:10-1 pm after I get back from lecture||CO430||Susan Jowett|
|Fri||12-1 pm before tutorial||CO118||Meenu Jose|
- See the menu bar on the left for other links
Class RepYour class reps are Thomas Davis (Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org) and Rachael Lockhart (email@example.com) Thank you both for volunteering.
- Typed notes
- Assignments and solutions
- Submission instructions
- Test Info and Results
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic This is a link to Khan Academy on Arithmetic. It doesn't cover things exactly in the way we do, and you won't be able to do everything on there, but it does contain some good exercises and immediate feedback.
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math/pre-algebra/pre-algebra-arith-prop also Khan Academy, had questions on order of operations, and you may find the pages on properties (commutative etc) helpful. Again this covers more than we did in class. Also, they use a different symbol for division and a dot for multiplication
- Two assignments are due most weeks, but only one in the first and last weeks.
- Most Mondays and Thursdays by 1pm. This starts in the second week.
- Tests are on most Wednesdays (wks 3,4,5 & 6) in the lecture timeslot. More details are on the test info and results page.